How to Fold a Fitted Sheet
Do you get frustrated when trying to fold a fitted sheet? You’re not alone.
Our team tried multiple methods recommended by professional organizers and through much deliberation, we found the best way to keep your linen closet looking organized, fitted sheets included, is to follow the folding technique we’ve outlined below.
All you need is your fitted sheet and a flat surface, such as your bed or a large table, to master the fold. To avoid wrinkles, we found that it’s best to fold your sheets as soon as you remove them from the dryer when they’re still warm.
Step-by-Step to Folding a Fitted Sheet
- Turn the top corners inside out. With the shorter length of the fitted sheet parallel to your wingspan, flip the corners of the sheet outward.
- Hold two corners of sheet with elastic band towards you. With the shorter length of the fitted sheet parallel to your wingspan, hold the top two corners of the sheet in your left and right hand with the elastic band facing you.
- Fold the sheet in half vertically, tucking the corners. Move your right hand to your left hand and fold the corners into each other to create one pocket.
- Fold the sheet in half horizontally. With both of the top corners in your left hand, use your free hand to hang the next corner closest to you over your right hand. Fold the right corner over the left corner, to create a new pocket over your right hand. The elastic band should be facing you. Fold the left over the right once more so all of the corners meet each other.
- Lay the fitted sheet on the bed and fold. With the elastic band facing upwards, fold the elastic edge inward lengthwise to make a symmetrical rectangle.
- Fold into a square. Fold the sheet into thirds until you have a flat rectangle.
Now that you know how to fold a fitted sheet properly, you can keep your linen closet organized. We recommend that you slip the matching pillow cases into the corresponding folded fitted sheet to make it easier to determine the correct sets when you flip each room in your home.