Your Best Digs is searching for full-time, San Diego or Orange County-based, remote product review writer. Your Best Digs provides long form, unbiased reviews of products used in and around the home.
This is a remote position with health, vision and dental benefits, 401k, donation matching and generous vacation time. We are headquartered in San Diego, CA. America’s Finest City. You’ll work from home, but must be local to the San Diego or Orange County.
- Design and implement product testing for a variety of home products. Categories will likely span small appliances, electronics, bed, bath, yard, and more.
- Write long form (about 6,000 words) product reviews based on your testing
- Access to transportation; you’ll need to transport products to our San Diego or Orange County office regularly.
- A minimum of two year’s experience writing content for a publication
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to form productive working relationships
- Strong project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Close attention to detail, i.e. near perfect grammar and strong editing skill
- Experience using the Google Doc tool suite
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, with an eye for good web design
- Basic WordPress experience
- 1-2 years experience working with the press, reporters, or national/international news outlets
- Photography and/or videography skills
Pay for this position depends on experience and skills, but mostly skills. Your Best Digs also offers 401k matching, health, dental and vision insurance, a yearly $1,000 career development budget, generous paid time off, and other great benefits. These benefits will become available to you after a two month probationary period.
To apply for this position, please email info [*at*] yourbestdigs [*dot*] com with “Joy” incorporated in the subject line.
Please include with your application:
- Your resume with a short introduction/cover letter
- Why you are interested in this position
- At least two long form writing samples